A Truly Remarkable Uganda Birding Safari to Semuliki National Park
Are you a birding fanatic looking for your next birding destination to visit? Grab your pair of binoculars and birding list and jump on the next available flight to visit Uganda– the truly remarkable birding safari destination which every birder shouldn’t miss on your numerous birding escapades. Uganda is splendid birding destination a Uganda birding safari can only be compared to a kid’s visit to Disney land as it spoils with numerous spectacular bird species for you to look out for during your Uganda tour.
Uganda quite a small country that can only be compared to Great Britain or Oregon state in the United States of America in size. What Uganda lacks in terms of landmass it surely compensates with its wide range of wildlife biodiversity that you can find on your Uganda wildlife safari. Since we are talking about birds, Uganda is truly a remarkable birding adventure as its home to close to 1070 bird species. This makes Uganda home to over half of all the bird species in Africa and about 13% of the entire world’s birds. If you undertake a Uganda birdwatching safari expect to encounter several of these birds many of which are endemic species to this Pearl of Africa.
In order for you to enjoy an epic Uganda birding tour make a Uganda safari to semulikinationalparkuganda.com- the true birders’ haven. Semuliki national park is located in Uganda which is found in the East African region on the African continent on the geographical coordinates of 00o40’39”N 30o03’40”E. A birding watching safari to Semuliki National Park Uganda takes you on a 360km or 5-hour road drive from Kampala city the capital of Uganda to Bwamba county in the southwestern district of Bundibugyo.
Bordered by the Democratic Republic of Congo in the west, Ntoroko district in the north, Semuliki wildlife reserve in the north east, mt Rwenzori in the south and Kabarole district in the east, Semuliki National Park covers an area that is found in the Albertine rift valley basin lying between relatively flat surfaces and gentle slopes with its highest point being 760m or 2,490ft above sea level and its lowest point being 670m or 2,200ft above sea level. Semuliki National park integrates the equatorial tropical forests of Ituri with the lowland forests of Uganda. The tropical rainforests of Semuliki are believed to be one of the oldest forests in East Africa as they were carbon-dated to date as way back as the Pleistocene age or ice age which dates back 25,000 years. These forests experience an equatorial tropical climate with an average temperature range of 18-200C, minimum temperature range is 17-20OC and maximum temperature range is 26-30oC. The annual rainfall amount received in this forest ranges between 1400-1900mm or 55-75 inches throughout the year with most of it received in two periods of double maximum between March-May and between September – December. The humidity levels range between 77-88% every day.
All these natural factors make Semuliki a unique place that allows nature to blossom to its peak. when you make a Uganda safari to Semuliki, you will realize that will understand why Semuliki is regarded as of the best birding safari destinations in Uganda reckon with as it plays a habitat to 441 bird species of which 216 are truly forest birds, on top of the numerous bird species in Semuliki , you still have other tourist attractions in Semuliki national park include 2 hot springs, 53 mammal species that range from large mammals like forest buffaloes, elephants, civets, leopards, water chevrotains, monkeys and 9 species of duikers. On the fringes of the park are 4 different communities of people i.e. the Batwa, the Bakonjo, Bwamba and Batuku.
With all these attractions at your disposal while on your Uganda wildlife safari to Semuliki expect to have an exciting Uganda safari adventure as there are numerous Uganda safari activities in Semuliki national park besides birding. Some of these other tourist activities in Semuliki include Uganda cultural safari encounters with the Bakonzo and nature walks. In order for you to maximize your Uganda safaris tours experience in Semuliki national Park, you need to make an overnight stay in any of the numerous Uganda safari lodges in Semuliki national park. Some of these Uganda hotels in Semuliki include luxury lodges like Semuliki safari lodge, Ntoroko game lodge, Kyaniga safari lodge which is located near Semuliki. Mid-range lodges that can be used while on a safaris Uganda to Semuliki national park include Kirumia guest house, Bumuga campsite. If you are interested in a safari Uganda to Semuliki National Park there are various tour companies in Uganda that offer Uganda safaris tours to Semuliki for birding experience and these include Prime Safaris & Tours Ltd, Wild Gorilla Safaris and many others.
Here are some tour packages in Uganda as a destination
- 2 days Murchison falls National Park Uganda wildlife tour
- 2 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 2 days Uganda wildlife tour lake Mburo National Park
- 3 days chimpanzee trekking safari tour Kibale Forest National Park
- 3 days Kidepo Valley National Park safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 3 days Murchison falls National Park Safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 3 days Queen Elizabeth National Park Uganda wildlife tour
- 3 days Bwindi impenetrable gorilla trekking safari Uganda, gorilla tour Uganda
- 3 days Uganda gorilla trekking safari Bwindi impenetrable Uganda gorilla tour
- 4 days gorilla trekking safari Uganda wildlife safaris tour, Uganda wildlife safari Queen Elizabeth park
- 4 days Bwindi gorilla trekking tour lake Mburo
- 5 days Bwindi gorilla trekking safari Uganda wildlife tour lake Mburo
- 5 days primate safari Uganda gorilla safari Bwindi Uganda chimpanzee trekking safari
- 5 days Uganda gorilla trekking tour, gorilla tour Uganda, wildlife safari in Uganda
- 4 days Kidepo valley national park safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 4 days Uganda wildlife tour to queen Elizabeth national park & lake Mburo
- 5 days Uganda wildlife safari Murchison falls park & chimpanzee trekking safaris
- 6 days Uganda gorilla safaris, chimpanzee trekking safari Uganda
- 7 days Uganda gorilla trekking safari chimpanzee & wildlife
- 8 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour Rwanda Wildlife & Chimpanzee Safari
- 8 days gorilla trekking safaris tour Rwanda wildlife & chimpanzee tracking safaris
- 9 days Rwenzori mountains safari Uganda tour
- 9 Days Rwenzori Mountain Safari
- 12 days Uganda Rwanda cycling adventure safari tour
- 10 days Uganda safari tour gorilla trekking Uganda, chimps safari, Uganda wildlife tour